I've got a new post over on SocialBizUg. Modern Domino: Bootstrap 3 Inheritable Layout
OK, so today is the 2nd day I've spent with the Mobile controls from Domino 9.0.1. I must say the lack of a 9.0.1 Beta is quite obvious. So some of the "improvements" IBM made to the mobile controls are the addition of onBeforeTransitionIn/Out onAfterTransitionIn/Out. While these events are sorely needed, the implementation IBM chose to use doesn't work is kind-of odd.
So, a brief rundown of the transition events pre 9.0.1. I posted a while back about how to implement these methods in your mobile application.
At Red Pill Development, Peter Presnell has encouraged our development efforts to use a "Mobile First" approach. The process is that you design your mobile interface first, get everything working properly and then move on from there to Tablet and then Web Browser interfaces re-using as much as possible from the previously working mobile implementation. This approach has several advantages:
- It forces you to research, gather requirements and only display and write code for the things you actually NEED
- The flow of the application will be defined by the mobile interface
- It shapes the direction of the entire project
- It forces you into thinking differently
- Makes the next interface implementations easier
At first I fought this approach as it was easier for me to come up with a browser based solution quickly.