If you followed Peter’s series on replacing Lotus he outlined some of the pitfalls, processes and decision points to undertake for success. I wanted to point out the technical side to a lot of those decisions. The short answer is that you need a tool to surface your domino data en-masse until such a time when decisions are made on each application. I have been working on that solution for quite some time now and I have to say,
I’ve been messing with the Polymer vaadin-grid. If you enable hidable columns, a little graphic svg icon shows in the top right hand corner of the grid that produces a drop down menu of all the columns in the grid. You click one and it’ll hide that column.
This was working great when running from my local gulp server. However when I put it on Domino, the little icon wasn’t showing,
Welcome to keithstric.me. The new home of my blog. Due to my inaction I ended up loosing keithstric.com. I was able to move the past 10 years worth of blog posts here, but I’m still missing the first 4 years of posts. Oh well, guess that’s what happens when you ignore a problem. But let’s get to my rant.
I’m building an application using just Polymer. It’s a RESTful application so all server communication is via AJAX requests.
A couple of weeks ago I started messing with Titanium Appcelerator. Coming from Domino Designer and Eclipse the IDE will look very familiar. It's eclipse and it's based off of Aptana Studio. I guess the biggest issue to being productive is the learning curve for the API. But honestly when is that not the case?
I've been working a lot lately towards the concept of a modern application. What exactly makes an application modern? Is it the UI? What about the platform the application runs on? Is modern just a feeling the user experiences? If so, what determines that the experience is modern?
These questions make me think that what determines something is modern is all of the things questioned above. A modern application must have a modern user interface that runs on a modern platform.
I’ve been using the Blogsphere template since it first came out and haven’t looked back. BlogSphere and the OpenNTF mail template are the templates that really opened the world’s eyes to OpenNTF and the benefits of an OpenSource community for the Lotus faithful. However, since version 3.x of blogsphere there have been a couple of bugs that really bugged me. These bugs didn’t really hurt the overall feel of Blogsphere but are really just little annoyances.
One of my customers tasked me with what I thought would be a simple little addition to the iNotes mail template. He wanted to add a link to the iNotesOutline that opened in a new window to his company intranet. Sounds simple right? Think again. For the life of me I can’t get this to work. I’ve tried all sorts of stuff to no avail. Here’s what I’ve done so far:
- Added an URL outline entry to the iNotesOutline with the URL to the intranet site (http://intranet.company.com) in the “Value”
I’m working on an application where I will have to build a document on the fly so I figured the best way is to do it inside of a rich text field and mark the contents of that field as Pass-Thru HTML so it will render as HTML in the Notes Client. However I’ve run into an issue getting my Rich Text style, specifically the PassThruHTML = True style, to work. I’m also using the NotesRichTextStyle.Bold = True property and it is called just before NotesRichTextStyle.PassThruHTML = True and it works fine,